BIM stands for Building Information Modelling, the design technology that is sweeping the construction industry by storm! Exploit the increased productivity and improved communication benefits of 3D BIM modelling now; with this powerful fully integrated module for SMART Estimator!
- Import 2D site and building plans so you can trace over it for an accurate scaffold
- Quickly position scaffolds over site layouts and existing buildings
- Go from 2D plan to 3D model
- Export to Autodesk Revit for 3D modelling and sharing
- Export to SCIA Engineer for structural analysis and design
- The fastest way to convert 2D CAD drawings and site surveys into accurate, realistic 3D Scaffolding models!
- Speeds up estimating and design by allowing you to import and trace over CAD files provided by your customers!
- Import a 2D site layout or building plan from AutoCAD DWG, DXF or PDF file formats
- Enhance scaffolding presentations by using the imported site plan as the background in 3D scaffolding models
- Clean up and scale the customer’s drawing to simplify the tracing process and speed up scaffold modelling
3D export for BIM
- Automatically create a 3D IFC file which can be used by design engineers, contractors and most other customers
- IFC (Industry Foundation Class) is the international industry standard file format for sharing construction information
- BIM enables scaffolding models to be integrated with 3D CAD models of houses, buildings and industrial plant
- IFC files can be imported and understood by:
- BIM modelling platforms such as Autodesk ‘Revit’
- Structural design software such as ‘SCIA Engineer’
- Clash detection tools such as Autodesk ‘Navisworks’